The Kindles are Here
The library has four Kindle e-readers. They're loaded with great titles and ready to go!
The titles include classics and new titles from both popular fiction, non-fiction and bestsellers.
How can I borrow a Kindle?
Kindles are available for check out to currently enrolled CCSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Kindles can be checked out for seven days with the option of one renewal
- Kindles will not be loaned to patrons owing money for lost, missing, or damaged library materials or equipment
- There is a $10 per day overdue fine for Kindles
- Please RETURN the Kindle to the Circulation Desk inside the library, Kindles returned to the book drop will incur a fine of $25
- Borrowers are responsible for any damage, loss or theft of the Kindle and accessories while it is checked out to them, regardless of the circumstances. Total replacement cost: $150 as follows:
Power Adapter: $20.00
*Non-refundable Processing fee: $25.00*
*A copy of the full Kindle policy will be enclosed with each reader at checkout for your convenience.
How Can I Tell if a Kindle is Available for Check Out?
While it's not possible to reserve a Kindle, you can check to see if one is available here.
Getting Started and Troubleshooting
Amazon has some great tips and tricks for getting started, using, and troubleshooting the Kindle.
Recently Added E-book Titles
If you have any suggestions for titles, let us know and leave a comment!
Visit CentralSEARCH for the complete list of Kindle titles.