Interlibrary Loan: 860-832-3408
Stacks Maintenance: 860-832-3402
Using Digital Course Reserves
- From CONSULS (http://www.consuls.org), click on COURSE RESERVES
- Choose INSTRUCTOR or COURSE tab:
Instructor – type the instructor’s last name
Course – type the course number as it appears in the registration
catalog, for example COMM 435
- An alphabetical listing of the items on reserve for that course will come up. The format column will indicate if there is an “electronic copy available.” If so,
- Click on the title of the reading you want to view. Occasionally there will also be a thumbnail to click on if there are multiple parts to the reading. A login screen will appear. For the option on the left type in your campus network username and password – the same ones you use for Blackboard or logging into campus computers. For the option on the right, type in your university ID number and library PIN.
- To print the reading, choose the print icon from the Adobe toolbar.
- Be sure to Log Out from your library record when using a public computer.
- For best results, use the Firefox web browser http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/.
- Mac OS users MUST install the Firefox web browser to view course reserves.
- Most readings are pdfs, so it is necessary to have the Adobe Reader installed on your computer. This is available free at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- PC users will listen to sound files with the Windows Media Player that is installed on your computer. Mac OS users should install Flip4Mac for WMV player
- For further assistance please contact:
CCSU: Jaime Ortiz Ortizja@ccsu.edu at (860) 832-3406.