Helpful Style Manuals
Copies of all style manuals listed below are available at the Reference Desk (3rd floor). Additional copies may be available to borrow. Please check the library catalog for more information.
Getting Started with RefWorks
RefWorks is a web-based bibliography and database manager that allows you to create your own personal citation/abstract database by importing citations from research databases (EBSCOHost, JSTOR, etc.), the CONSULS catalog, Google Scholar, or text files.
To use RefWorks, users must sign up for an individual account.
Everyone affiliated with CCSU (faculty, students and staff) can use RefWorks. Users may have many RefWorks accounts, but it is advised to create folders and name them for a specific ongoing project. Click on the New Folder button at the top of the page.
Importing citations into RefWorks
Visit the following websites to import to RefWorks:
After importing into RefWorks from Burritt Library databases, a button will appear with the citation, which will allow you to easily locate the article.
Managing RefWorks and Creating a Bibliography
When you export articles from Burritt Library databases, the citations will appear in the Last Imported folder. Check the citation(s) for accuracy, and put it in the appropriate folder using the folder dropdown menu.
To create bibliography, take the following steps:
- Click on Create Bibliography button near the top of the page.
- Choose the style under the Output Style (e.g., APA – American Psychological Association, 6th Edition).
- Choose the format of the document (e.g., HTML, Word) using the dropdown menus under File Type.
- Choose the folder you want from the dropdown menus under References to Include.
- Click on Create Bibliography.