Information for Alumni
Alumni of CCSU are welcome to use the Burritt Library
- Graduates of CCSU are welcome to borrow materials from the Burritt Library by applying for a Guest Borrower Card.
- Graduates of CCSU from 1990 to the present can access the libraries online resources and retain their computer privileges on campus by using their BlueNet ID.*
- If you graduated prior to 1990 you can still access the libraries resources, however since a BlueNet ID number was never established, the resources must be accessed on campus by establishing a guest account.
*Please note that electronic resources are only available to use in the Library.
What to do if you have lost your BlueNet ID or need to reactivate the account:
Alumni should be able to easily re-activate their accounts, by visiting the CCSU Accounts Management page.
From there choose “Activate Your Account or Retrieve Your BlueNet Account Username”.
If you have forgotten your 8-digit ID Number, it can be retrieved by entering either your Date of Birth and/or the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. Once you have entered this info, choose the “Activate Account” option.
Establishing a Guest Account
If you graduated prior to 1990 and are interested in obtaining guest privileges, contact Norm Ferriere. In the email please include the length of time you will need guest access and what type of resources you are interested in.
Refworks for Alumni
Alumni of the University now have the ability to establish a Refworks account or maintain their existing account!
As part of the RefWorks Alumni Program, you are entitled to:
- One free RefWorks account
- New updates and feature releases
- 200 MB of file attachment storage
- The ability to share your folder or account via RefShare
- Free web-based training
- Technical Support
For a complete list of requirements and instructions, view the pdf guide.