1. Review your assignment details.
2. Find your industry's North American Classification Code (see below).
3. Familiarize yourself with the library business databases by viewing the Database Tutorials.
4. Ask yourself: what do you already know about your topic? what do you want (need) to know? what do you think you will find?
5. Start gathering Industry Analysis information. Search business databases and credible websites. Identify top competitors in the industry.
6. Conduct a Competitor Analysis by searching business databases and credible websites.
7. What consumer group are you targeting? Conduct Consumer Research on this market segment.
8. Remember to gather all pertinent source information so that you can properly Cite Your Work using the APA Style.
9. Review your research. What are you missing? Revisit some of the resources you searched as well as identifying new sources for information.
10. Determine the best way to present your analyses.
11. Revisit the assignment and grading rubric. Have you fulfilled the requirements of the assignment?
Remember to have a little fun with the research process. If you need any assistance, check with your professor and ask a librarian!